Do you have a sluggish Mac? Some tips to speed it up again!
Have you ever experienced slow performance on your Mac computer? Sluggish computers can be a lot annoying and can be a bothersome too. There are many reasons behind for the slow performance you have encountered on your Mac computer. Here are some ways on how to deal sluggish performance and prevent it to happen again in the future.
- Clean out Startup Items – There are applications and programs on your Mac computer that immediately set themselves as a startup item that made them to run every time you start up or login. Actually, you can view all your items on your startup by:
- From the Apple Menu, click “System Preferences”
- Click “Accounts” and select Login Items.
You will surely be amazed on the many items you can find on your startup items. If you want to remove them, you will just have to choose the item by clicking on its name. Click the “Minus” button. You must make it sure that you are removing the correct program or else you will be able to hit an operation and may not function the next time you will restart your Mac computer.
- Turn off Universal Access such as Bluetooth – Mac computer has a lot of features that you can use on your daily use of your Mac computer. However, there are features that you may not use every day. That is why you must have to turn it off so that you can save a lot of RAM.
- Clean out “Other” System Preferences – From the System Preferences, you can view all your items that were stored. However, if there are items that you do not use, you may disable it or you may turn it off from the Preference Pane. You may also eradicate it from the folder “~/Library/PreferencePanes.
- Get rid of languages and translations – The creators of Mac computer has been very thoughtful of providing local languages. However, not all languages are been used. That is why there is a need for you to remove these languages that you are not using to free up disk space.
- Clean off your hard drive – Having too many programs on your Mac computer can slow down the performance on your Mac computer. That is why you need to free up disk space on your hard disk drives. This is one way of enhancing computer performance.
These are some ways on how to improve the performance on your Mac computer. Regular maintenance will surely guarantee optimal performance you could ever have on your Mac computer.