Firefox is the #1 browser for SEOs for a reason.
Many users of the Firefox browser enjoy the speed, stability, and overall features that the browser has to offer. However, the useful and powerful plugins that are available for the browser make it an effective tool for SEO purposes. If you are looking for free SEO tools for your site, there is no better place to start than the free and readily available Firefox plugins that are on the market. These plugins are also supported in various versions if Firefox, and are continually updated to work with the newest versions of the browser when released.
Here, in no particular order, are the top 5 plugins for the Firefox browser.
1. SEOQuake – SEOQuake is designed to give you a variety of information about a website in a matter of seconds. There is a toolbar that will display information about the site you are on, and well as a detailed panel of information for digging deeper into the site structure. The information provided by the plugin includes traffic, pagerank, backlinks, domain age, and much more. Understanding this vital information is an essential first step to discovering more about the websites you compete with, and beating them in search rankings. Many websites, from big to small, use the SEOQuake tool to monitor both their on-site performance and the performance of the competition. The one downside is that overuse may cause your Google searches to slow, but it is still one of the best SEO tools on the market.
2. Web Developer Toolbar – On-Page factors are crucial for SEO purposes. The Web Developer toolbar helps you diagnose issues and fix potential problems that could interfere with your SEO rankings. The web developer toolbar includes information on CSS, images, tags, and much more.
3. Google Global – Google Global is essential for international SEO. This is a wonderful little plugin that will display how your results will look in many other parts of the world. Results are displayed alongside Google organic searches, so the information is easy to see without cluttering up your browser. In today’s global SEO market, understanding your website from various other locations is absolutely essential.
4. MetaTags – MetaTags displays meta data from a particular website you are viewing. The plugin also warns about duplicate tags which may be an issue between pages. In addition, it contains automated submission features. While the prominence of meta data in the eyes of search engines is debatable, having properly optimized meta data is a good start to any proper SEO campaign.
5. RankChecker – Rankchecker is a sonderful plugin form the SEOMOZ team. This plugin lets you easily and efficiently check rankings for multiple keyphrases all from one easy to use interface. This is especially helpful when manually checking the rankings of one website for multiple terms.
Firefox is a great tool to use for any webmaster or website designer. When combined with powerful plugins, the potential of the browser for SEO purposes is greatly expanded. Take a look at some of the plugins listed above to see how to start monitoring the SEO value of your site. They are free, easy to use, and well supported with thorough documentation.